03 Jan Animal Care Technician
We are currently seeking several part-time animal care technicians who work one-on-one with animals, within Monell’s Animal Facility. Technicians monitor and maintain the health of animals under their care and may perform duties such as receiving new animals, cleaning and changing cages and providing food and water. Some animal technicians have more complex duties that may include: updating and maintaining animal records, administering injections and medications, sterilizing equipment and preparing laboratory samples.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily care of small laboratory animals
- Operating cage washing equipment
- Maintaining and sanitizing the animal care facility
- Monitoring health of animals
- Receive, store and distribute supplies
- Report low inventory to supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in animal care
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) certification is preferred.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Monell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.