31 Jul Monell Newsletter: COVID Researcher Q&A and More
Posted at 13:48h in Newsletters
- The Future of Smell Studies: A Q&A with Pamela Dalton. Dr. Pamela Dalton studies how emotions and thought patterns affect the way people perceive odor and sensory input from their surroundings.
- Monell’s First Exhibit at the Philadelphia Flower Show. We were excited to be part of the 2020 Philadelphia Flower Show – the nation’s largest and longest-running horticultural event.
- COVID-19 Updates. Monell scientists and colleagues continue to study how sudden loss of taste and smell relates to COVID-19.
- Perceiving the Flavor of Fat: A Twins Study. New Monell research has found that liking of fatty food could be related to inborn genetic traits related to fat perception.
- Congratulations to Drs. Mennella and Alhadeff. Dr. Julie Mennella has received the prestigious Max Mozell Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Chemical Senses from the Association for Chemoreception Sciences and Dr. Amber Alhadeff was awarded a Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Award in Neurosciences.